Every climber receives a packet including your climbing bib, start time, timing device, t-shirt, pins, and additional event information. You’ll also receive a virtual goody bag with offers from our partners and sponsors!
If you’re climbing as an individual (not with a team), you will need to pick up your event packet in advance of the event. Team packets will be shipped 2-3 weeks prior to event to team captains. Participants may pick up for other individual climbers if you know the correct spelling of their full name and climb category. Please note that your event bib included in the packet serves as your ticket for entry at 875 N. Michigan Ave. and we cannot let you in without it!
Individual climbers can do one of two things to get their packets:
1) Pick up climb packets from the Respiratory Health Association office on event weekend. The building is located conveniently in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood.
1440 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
Friday, February 25
10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday, February 26
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2) Order climb packet to be mailed before the climb. Individual packets will be shipped 2-3 weeks prior to the event. There is a $17 fee per packet. Climb packets can be ordered until January 31.
NOTE: There is no packet pick-up on event day! Individuals who do not pick up their climb packet during the designated packet pick-up times will forfeit their climbing spots.
Although individual participants can’t request specific climb wave times, there a few ways to influence your assigned time.
• Register as a Lung Health Champion – One benefit of committing to raise $1,000 is selecting your climb wave time preference.
• Create a Team – All team members will be assigned to the same wave. Minimum team size is two participants – if you want to climb at the same time as a friend, consider forming a team!
• Register for the Elite Climb – Participants in this division are assigned to the 7:00 a.m. climb wave.
• Register for the Firefighters Climb – Teams and individuals are assigned to the 10:00 a.m. climb wave.
We assign climb waves in advance of the event and all are final. With thousands of climbers expected, it’s not possible to accommodate individual requests for specific wave times or change times once assignments are made.
Your climb wave is shared in your event packet at packet pickup. RHA is not able to provide this information by phone or email. Want to receive your climb wave time early? Sign up to receive your packet by mail and your time will be mailed along with your event shirt, bib, and other materials a few weeks prior to the event date.
All Hustle Chicago stair climb participants are assigned to a 15-minute climb wave and start their individual stair climb within that window. You should plan to arrive and be ready to line up one hour ahead of your assigned climb wave.
The Full Climb sponsored by Omron starts at 7:00 a.m. The Half Climb begins at 8:00 a.m.
You’ll be amazed at how efficiently thousands of climbers move through 875 N. Michigan and up the stairwells. You will spend time in line during the event but we have perfected the climb wave system to minimize your wait as much as possible.
Each Hustle Chicago® participant is assigned to a “wave” time. Climb waves begin every 15 minutes. You and other climbers assigned to your wave will be allowed to line up at the stairwell entrance approximately 15 minutes prior to your wave time. Climbers are then released into the stairwells in intervals to ensure a safe and regulated event.
The Full Climb sponsored by Omron starts at 7:00 a.m. with waves typically scheduled through 3:00 p.m.
The Half Climb begins at 8:00 a.m. with waves typically concluding by 10:00 a.m.