Become a member of RHA’s e-advocacy team today.
Advocates like you have helped RHA influence the adoption of lung-friendly policies that benefit children living with asthma, such as laws and policies protecting the right of children to carry their asthma medication at school, requiring the adoption of asthma emergency response policies, providing more smoke-free environments and limiting air pollution generated by power plants and diesel vehicles.Join the E-Advocacy Team
Our other recent policy victories include:
- Requiring all Illinois school districts to implement asthma emergency protocols and school staff to complete in-person or online trainings every two years
- The regulation of the sale of flavored tobacco products (including menthol) within 500 feet of Chicago schools
- Inclusion of e-cigarettes within Chicago’s Clean Indoor Air Ordinance
- Adoption of a smoke-free policy by Cook County Housing Authority
- Raising the minimum legal sales of age of tobacco products to 21 in more than 10 communities, including the City of Chicago