GURNEE, ILLINOIS TO HUBERTUS, WISCONSIN
Saturday, August 4, 2018, 9:00 a.m. start – Monday, August 6, 2018, 7:00 p.m. return*
Read 1 Day and 2 Day route descriptions above. In Whitewater on day two, spend the afternoon at the pool or on a massage table and enjoy a variety of activities after dinner including pool tables, ping pong, and bowling in the air conditioned Rec Center. Share rider stories and enjoy an adult beverage at the late night pizza party. Overnight accommodations are in the university’s dormitories.
The third day’s route opens at 7:15 a.m. on Monday and is approximately 60 miles. In addition to two of the tour’s most challenging hills, you’ll want to stop in to visit a rider favorite, the Wholly Cow Frozen Custard shop in Delafield, and rest stops outside Ottawa and Stone Bank. Lunch is on your own. You’ll complete your successful CowaLUNGa journey riding into Camp Minikani in Hubertus, Wisconsin, where you can take a swim in the pool, shower, relax, buy raffle tickets and Cow souvenir items, cheer on other riders as they cross the finish line, and enjoy the celebration meal before departing for home.
Please note that CowaLUNGa riders are required to wear helmets at all times on their bikes. NO HELMET, NO RIDE.
The Three Day Ride includes:
- Fully supported route (bike, SAG, medical) from start line in Gurnee to finish line at Camp Minikani at Hubertus, Wisconsin
- Event shirt
- Finisher’s medal
- Start line snacks, morning and afternoon rest stops with food and beverages and dinner all three days; breakfast on Sunday and Monday
- Overnight accommodations (choose indoor or outdoor) at Conference Point Center on Saturday and University of Wisconsin-Whitewater on Sunday
- Shower facilities at Camp Minikani on Monday
- Free parking at Gurnee Mills
- Bus ride and transportation for your bike back to Gurnee, arriving at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Monday evening*. If you prefer to arrange your own transportation, you can depart as soon as you’ve checked in at Camp Minikani.
*All return times are approximate.
You’ll receive occasional event updates throughout the year and alerts when registration for the 22nd Annual CowaLUNGa Charity Bike Tour opens in spring 2018.
Still have questions? Visit CowaLUNGa FAQs or contact Gina Schwieger, Senior Director of Special Events, via email at [email protected] or call (312) 628-0210.