FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 13, 2018
Director, Marketing and Communications
Respiratory Health Association
Desk: (312) 628-0225
Cell: (734) 262-4527
State Lung Health Education Day Brings Constituents to Springfield to Fight Lung Disease – Wednesday, April 18, 2018
WHAT: Respiratory Health Association’s State Lung Health Education Day is an annual advocacy event. More than 30 constituents from across the state travel to Springfield, IL to meet with elected officials and advocate for policies that address lung disease and clean air.
This year, RHA’s top policy priorities include:
- Raising the purchase age of tobacco to 21
- Permitting schools to stock emergency asthma medication
- Raising awareness of COPD, lung cancer, cystic fibrosis and asthma
- Promoting clean renewable energy
WHEN: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Illinois State Capitol, Springfield, IL
SCHEDULE FOR PHOTO/VIDEO OPPORTUNITIES:
- 5:30 am – 6:00 am – Bus loading at RHA offices in Chicago
- 9:30 am Arrival in Springfield, IL
- 9:30 am – 1:00 pm legislative visits
INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES – REQUESTED IN ADVANCE IF POSSIBLE
- Lung disease patients and family members participating in State Lung Health Education Day.
- Joel Africk, President and CEO of Respiratory Health Association.
- Matt Maloney, Director, Health Policy, Respiratory Health Association.
- Senator Dave Koehler, sponsor of asthma legislation
- Senator Julie Morrison/Rep. Camille Lilly Sponsors of Tobacco 21
# # #
Respiratory Health Association has been a local public health leader since 1906. Today, the association works to prevent lung disease, promote clean air and help people live better through education, research, and policy change. For more information, visit www.resphealth.org.