The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), a branch of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), releases its COPD National Action Plan. Respiratory Health Association believes this plan will serve as a springboard to promote policy change that supports the needs of people living with COPD and their caregivers, and fosters better communications among healthcare providers, all in an effort to reduce the burden of COPD and improve health outcomes for people living with the disease.
RHA’s COPD initiatives are aligned to support the national plan’s goals:
- Empower people with COPD, their families, and caregivers to recognize and reduce the burden of COPD
- Improve quality of care delivered across health care systems
- Collect, analyze, report, and disseminate COPD data
- Increase and sustain COPD research
- Turn COPD policy and program recommendations into research and public healthcare actions
During the plan’s development, RHA was pleased to work with COPD stakeholders across the nation to provide input and feedback.
Join RHA and the COPD patient community as we work together each year on advocacy activities targeting elected officials.