Download the Asthma Friendly Childcare Toolkit PDF.
By providing evaluation tools and information, RHA’s Asthma-Friendly Childcare Toolkit is intended to prevent unnecessary asthma emergencies in the daycare setting by increasing the number of asthma-friendly childcare facilities.
Elements of the toolkit include:
- Asthma information
- Our respiratory system and what happens during an asthma episode
- Managing asthma
- Integrated pest management
- Food allergies
- Asthma Action Plan
- Tips for childcare staff, with a Checklist for Daycare Providers
- Tips for families
- Minimizing triggers in the home
- Resources, including a sample asthma action plan and glossary of terms
This publication was funded by the Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois Asthma Program, through cooperative agreement 5U59EH000532-04 from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Its contents are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
For more information about making your daycare asthma friendly, contact Mary Rosenwinkel, Program Coordinator, via email at [email protected] or by phone at (312) 628-0227.